Petra is a multi-disciplined team of professionals originally formed under St. Joseph Health in the late 1990’s to respond to the California Senate Bill 1953 seismic compliance regulations. Requiring a holistic and culturally-mindful approach to effectively manage the overwhelming facility capital implications driven by the State mandate, the Petra team has evolved over the last decade to provide end-to-end facility concept, planning, development, construction and project management services.
In 2011, the Petra team joined The Innovation Institute, becoming an independent, for-profit business in service to the wider healthcare community. Our services include primary design and construction management capabilities, as well as value-added supplemental services, which consist of pre-design and facility master planning, interior design and space planning, medical equipment planning, IT services, energy and engineering management, construction estimating, strategic capital planning and cost management.
As Petra has evolved to serve others beyond St. Joseph Health, our team retains enhanced expertise and experience to deliver significant value to the hospital owner. Our service units can be utilized independently or collectively, depending upon the unique needs of an organization and project.
For more information, please visit the Petra website at https://petra.pro/.
- Independent provider of strategic facility planning, design and construction management services to hospitals and health systems.
- Strives to transform the healthcare industry by serving as trusted advisors to clients by leading them through innovation, collaboration and technology integration that drives holistic solutions.
Products & Services
- Consulting services that allow healthcare organizations to develop robust management systems for success including:
- Strategic Direction and Alignment.
- Operational Savings.
- Capital Program and Scope Management.
- Integrated Facility Planning.
- Project Design and Construction Management.
- Intimate understanding of the challenges for the modern healthcare provider.
- Integrated model providing innovation, financial predictability, and transparency while maximizing value of capital investments.
- Proven ability to measure and manage scope, costs, timelines and cash outlays on an organization-wide basis.
- Tremendous public policy uncertainty and margin compression in health care has driven a need for an enterprise-wide solution-driven approach that Petra provides.
- Health service operators require value-oriented solutions… in contrast to the traditional tools, approaches, and resources utilized to execute facility capital planning, design, and construction.